Trish helps business leaders and learning execs leverage data, science, analytics and emerging technologies to develop their people’s current skills and future capabilities for a fit and ready workforce in agile organizations.
Where to find Trish
👉 LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/trishuhl/
👉 Twitter @trishuhl https://twitter.com/trishuhl
References mentioned throughout the show
- What’s Your Sentence? Dan Pink https://vimeo.com/8480171
- Intrinsic motivation – Dan Pink, “Drive” https://www.amazon.com/dp/1594484805/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_ICvIEbDWPFNPK
Who was I? Who am I now? Who am I becoming?
- 3 Questions in Grief Counseling to reframe identity Identity and fluidity – the art of becoming, one of my mentors - Bryan Franklin and his co-author Michael Ellsberg, “The Last Safe Investment” https://youtu.be/O0RsH0jlXqU
When should I change? Stay the same? How do I decide?
- I like Brendon Burchard’s work on these types of questions, folks can check out “High-Performance Habits” and other resources on www.brendon.com
- Whole-person at work is Employee Experience https://www.humansynergistics.com/blog/culture-university/details/culture-university/2019/05/14/how-to-evolve-your-employee-experience-to-build-a-better-company
Fight Club Monty Python and the Holy Grail Monty Python’s Flying Circus
- Joe vs the Volcano https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Versus_the_Volcano
Bureaucratic organizations are the traditional ‘command and control’ org design of the Industrial Age; Julian Stodd makes the case for Agile org design – ‘The Social Organization’ https://julianstodd.wordpress.com/2017/03/13/organisational-design-principles-for-a-socially-dynamic-organisation/
Salesforce Einstein Analytics
Take the same idea as Salesforce Einstein Analytics and apply it to L&D – and you basically have the work Guy Wilmshurst-Smith and Derek Mitchell are doing at their respective organizations
Learning is dematerializing Peter Diamandis – 6D’s
- Dick Francis, “Blood Sport” IT Business Readiness – 3 workstreams – training, change management & communication – here’s a veteran presentation featuring my methodology – The Change Practitioner’s Toolkit https://www.slideshare.net/owlsledge/the-change-practitioners-toolkit-tools-techniques-traps-takeaways https://youtu.be/1bTB5PJOq8k
- Giraffes, Giraffes – seems respectable, but is utter bollocks - pure unadulterated silliness (kind of like Monty Python) https://www.amazon.com/dp/1932416978/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_RkvIEbZNGANZJ
- How to learn to love yourself “Loveable,” by Kelly Flanagan – how to discover and embrace our own worthiness https://www.amazon.com/dp/0310345162/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_hdvIEbGH7MC5Y
"Where finding learning has developed"